HIMSS 2008: Vanderbilt among Microsoft winners
The Microsoft Healthcare Users Group (MS-HUG) announced the winners of the 11th annual MS-HUG Healthcare Innovation Awards 2008 at HIMSS. The contest recognizes organizations working with various vendors on the Microsoft platform.
Other winners included:
- Primrose OB-GYN, with digiChart Inc., for its physician practice record
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, with Neoteric Technology Ltd., for system upholding the safety of breast milk
- St. Joseph Family Medicine Residency (Medical College of Wisconsin), with NextGen, for innovative use of an electronic medical record
- Office of the Air Force Surgeon General, Data Modeling and Analysis Office, with IMS Government Solutions, for outcomes reporting technology
Note: HealthLeaders Media Technology Editor Gary Baldwin helped judge the contest.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts