HIMSS 2008: Vanderbilt among Microsoft winners
The Microsoft Healthcare Users Group (MS-HUG) announced the winners of the 11th annual MS-HUG Healthcare Innovation Awards 2008 at HIMSS. The contest recognizes organizations working with various vendors on the Microsoft platform.
Other winners included:
- Primrose OB-GYN, with digiChart Inc., for its physician practice record
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, with Neoteric Technology Ltd., for system upholding the safety of breast milk
- St. Joseph Family Medicine Residency (Medical College of Wisconsin), with NextGen, for innovative use of an electronic medical record
- Office of the Air Force Surgeon General, Data Modeling and Analysis Office, with IMS Government Solutions, for outcomes reporting technology
Note: HealthLeaders Media Technology Editor Gary Baldwin helped judge the contest.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically