HIMSS 2008: Vanderbilt among Microsoft winners
The Microsoft Healthcare Users Group (MS-HUG) announced the winners of the 11th annual MS-HUG Healthcare Innovation Awards 2008 at HIMSS. The contest recognizes organizations working with various vendors on the Microsoft platform.
Other winners included:
- Primrose OB-GYN, with digiChart Inc., for its physician practice record
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, with Neoteric Technology Ltd., for system upholding the safety of breast milk
- St. Joseph Family Medicine Residency (Medical College of Wisconsin), with NextGen, for innovative use of an electronic medical record
- Office of the Air Force Surgeon General, Data Modeling and Analysis Office, with IMS Government Solutions, for outcomes reporting technology
Note: HealthLeaders Media Technology Editor Gary Baldwin helped judge the contest.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013