Businesses and health systems lobby for hospital tax in Wisconsin
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, March 17, 2008
A coalition of healthcare systems and business groups in Milwaukee is setting out to explain why a proposed tax on hospitals is not really a tax. The coalition, StopTheShift.org, came together to win political support for the tax--or, as supporters prefer to call it, an assessment. It won a major victory when Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, the state's largest business lobby and a group that typically opposes taxes by any name, announced its support for this one.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer