Businesses and health systems lobby for hospital tax in Wisconsin
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, March 17, 2008
A coalition of healthcare systems and business groups in Milwaukee is setting out to explain why a proposed tax on hospitals is not really a tax. The coalition, StopTheShift.org, came together to win political support for the tax--or, as supporters prefer to call it, an assessment. It won a major victory when Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, the state's largest business lobby and a group that typically opposes taxes by any name, announced its support for this one.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care