Virtual office visits appeal to patients, physicians, insurers
Titusville, FL-based physician Frank Dienst, MD, is among the first physicians in Central Florida to conduct online, reimbursed consultations with patients. And now that three major health-insurance plans are reimbursing physicians for online consultations, Dienst expects he'll soon have plenty of company. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida has reimbursed a limited number of online visits for nearly four years. It has been slow to catch on, however—Blue Cross officials estimate the total number of monthly online visits statewide is about 50, with fewer than a dozen being submitted for reimbursement.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%