Missouri Baptist lays off about 40 employees
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 20, 2008
St. Louis-based Missouri Baptist Medical Center has announced it will lay off about 40 employees including administrative workers, members of the management team and other staff. Hospital representatives said an "unanticipated softening of diagnostic testing and elective procedures" was one reason for the cutbacks. Hospital representatives added that as the economy has weakened, some patients may have have delayed receiving care.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High