Missouri Baptist lays off about 40 employees
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 20, 2008
St. Louis-based Missouri Baptist Medical Center has announced it will lay off about 40 employees including administrative workers, members of the management team and other staff. Hospital representatives said an "unanticipated softening of diagnostic testing and elective procedures" was one reason for the cutbacks. Hospital representatives added that as the economy has weakened, some patients may have have delayed receiving care.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers