Missouri Baptist lays off about 40 employees
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 20, 2008
St. Louis-based Missouri Baptist Medical Center has announced it will lay off about 40 employees including administrative workers, members of the management team and other staff. Hospital representatives said an "unanticipated softening of diagnostic testing and elective procedures" was one reason for the cutbacks. Hospital representatives added that as the economy has weakened, some patients may have have delayed receiving care.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments