Online wait times give patients a say in their care
Patients don’t like to wait for care, but a study released in June by survey experts Press Ganey says hospitals that keep their patients informed and updated about wait times in the emergency department (ED) have better patient satisfaction scores.
This was hardly news for those at Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA), a 14-hospital system based in Johnson City, TN. MSHA has posted its ED wait times online for more than four years, and patients have enjoyed the option of selecting the MSHA ED with the shortest wait time to meet their healthcare needs.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- When a hospital closes