Online wait times give patients a say in their care
Patients don’t like to wait for care, but a study released in June by survey experts Press Ganey says hospitals that keep their patients informed and updated about wait times in the emergency department (ED) have better patient satisfaction scores.
This was hardly news for those at Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA), a 14-hospital system based in Johnson City, TN. MSHA has posted its ED wait times online for more than four years, and patients have enjoyed the option of selecting the MSHA ED with the shortest wait time to meet their healthcare needs.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013