Hartford medical center eliminating 50 positions
Hartford, CT-based St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center confirmed that it will eliminate 50 positions, mostly employees who don't deal directly with patients. The job cuts come as the St. Francis takes steps to "stabilize" its expenses and prepares for the upcoming fiscal year, hospital representatives said. "This will not impact the level of care our healthcare workers provide to patients every day," the hospital said in a statement.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs