Hartford medical center eliminating 50 positions
Hartford, CT-based St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center confirmed that it will eliminate 50 positions, mostly employees who don't deal directly with patients. The job cuts come as the St. Francis takes steps to "stabilize" its expenses and prepares for the upcoming fiscal year, hospital representatives said. "This will not impact the level of care our healthcare workers provide to patients every day," the hospital said in a statement.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer