Hartford medical center eliminating 50 positions
Hartford, CT-based St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center confirmed that it will eliminate 50 positions, mostly employees who don't deal directly with patients. The job cuts come as the St. Francis takes steps to "stabilize" its expenses and prepares for the upcoming fiscal year, hospital representatives said. "This will not impact the level of care our healthcare workers provide to patients every day," the hospital said in a statement.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application