Tennessee program makes sure ER is for emergencies
A new "ER Diversion" program aims to reduce waiting times in emergency rooms by redirecting patients who use ERs for non-emergency cases to one of five clinics in Nashville. The program is a collaboration between United Neighborhood Health Services and AmeriChoice by UnitedHealthcare. It is funded by a grant to TennCare by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules