Cancer survivor gives $20 million gift to University of Kansas Hospital
Philanthropist and civic leader Annette Bloch has announced a $20 million gift to the University of Kansas Hospital. The widow of H&R Block co-founder Richard Bloch said she had experienced the hospital's "skill and compassion" firsthand when she was treated there earlier this year for breast cancer. Bloch also said she hoped the gift would help boost the Kansas City area's efforts to obtain National Cancer Institute designation.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor