Georgia hospital awaits word on financial bailout
Clayton County, GA's only hospital must wait several more weeks to learn if the county's government will move forward with a financial bailout. Southern Regional Health System Chief Executive Officer Edward Bonn appeared before the Clayton County Commission, but he did not have an audit of the hospital's finances and was unable to answer commissioners' concerns about the shaky economy. The 331-bed hospital has asked the county to back a $95 million bond to help retire debt, fund infrastructure improvements, and buy new technology.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations