Texas Health Resources lays off 49 people
Texas Health Resources has laid off 49 people at facilities in Tarrant, Dallas, Collin, and Erath counties because fewer people are seeking services as a result of the economic downturn, a company spokesman said. Texas Health Resources so far this year has cared for the same number of people at its hospitals as in 2007, but the nonprofit company is not seeing the growth it had expected, the spokesman said.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments