Gallatin, TN-based Sumner Regional Medical Center plans 90 layoffs
The Tennessean, November 4, 2008
The parent of Sumner Regional Medical Center in Gallatin, TN, said it would lay off 90 employees and cut the hours of almost two dozen others, citing a challenging operating environment for hospitals. Most of those losing jobs were in nonmedical administrative or management jobs. Cuts will be made at the not-for-profit system's corporate offices; its flagship hospital in Gallatin; Riverview Regional Medical Center in Carthage, TN; and Sumner Homecare and Hospice.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'