Wisconsin-based Columbia St. Mary's cuts 74 jobs
Citing the economic downturn, Milwaukee-based Columbia St. Mary's eliminated 74 jobs as part of a systemwide initiative to control costs. The eliminated jobs did not affect any registered nurses or the healthcare system's nurse-to-patient ratio, Columbia St. Mary's said in the announcement to its employees. The system operates hospitals in Milwaukee and Mequon, WI.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts