Wisconsin-based Columbia St. Mary's cuts 74 jobs
Citing the economic downturn, Milwaukee-based Columbia St. Mary's eliminated 74 jobs as part of a systemwide initiative to control costs. The eliminated jobs did not affect any registered nurses or the healthcare system's nurse-to-patient ratio, Columbia St. Mary's said in the announcement to its employees. The system operates hospitals in Milwaukee and Mequon, WI.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised