HCA job cuts may affect 100 employees
HCA Inc. is closing the emergency department and most other operations at its 38-bed hospital in Portland, TN, a decision that affects about 60 employees. In addition, HCA subsidiary TriStar Health System is planning to cut 50 administrative and management jobs in 2009, including through not filling open positions and changing the roles of some employees.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Driving Down Claims Denials