Nashville hospital can keep baby unit closed
Southern Hills Hospital in Nashville will end labor and delivery services after a group of obstetricians consolidated their practice at StoneCrest Medical Center in Smyrna, TN. This leaves a lack of obstetricians on staff to continue offering those services. Concerns have since been raised about access to care for pregnant women and their newborns.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer