Waterbury, CT, hospital's pediatric unit set to reopen
Hartford Courant, January 5, 2009
The pediatric unit at Waterbury, CT-based St. Mary's Hospital will reopen with a new look and a new owner as part of a collaboration between St. Mary's, Waterbury Hospital, and Hartford-based Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The collaboration combines the pediatrics departments of Waterbury and St. Mary's hospitals with an inpatient unit located at St. Mary's Hospital but owned and operated by Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Representatives from the three hospitals have been working on the plan since 2007 as a way to more efficiently deliver pediatric care.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal