Des Moines medical center offers workers chance to retire, go part-time
Des Moines Register, January 12, 2009
Des Moines, IA-based Mercy Hospital Medical Center offered its employees the chance to voluntarily resign from their jobs or switch from full-time to part-time status, according to a memo sent to Mercy's more than 6,900 employees. The voluntary staff reductions come as many Des Moines-area businesses face cutbacks and job eliminations in the face of an economic recession. However, Mercy officials emphasized that the offer was not strictly about the economy: The hospital views the offer as a benefit to employees who are planning to change their status with the company.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs