Weirton (WV) Medical Center cuts jobs
West Viriginia Public Broadcasting, January 14, 2009
Weirton (WV) Medical Center is laying off workers in an effort to save the hospital $2 million a year. The hospital is cutting 36 full-time equivalent positions. The layoffs affect union, non-union and management jobs at the hospital, including nurses and LPNs.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program