University of Hawaii cancer center plan moves forward
The Cancer Research Center of Hawaii said it hopes to break ground on its Kakaako research facility in mid-2010 after years of setbacks caused by financing troubles, lease negotiations, and leadership changes. University of Hawaii officials told legislators that they plan to have the facility open by late 2012 or early 2013.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs