For surgeon, lessons in her hospital's closing
Surgeon Beth DuPree's dream of a specialized hospital for breast-cancer patients has closed. She says the Comprehensive Breast Care Institute at DSI of Bucks County, PA, was a victim of the economy and naive business planning. But for her, the closing of the freestanding, for-profit hospital in Bensalem, PA, is both cautionary tale and learning experience.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness