Hospital admissions boost HMA earnings
Health Management Associates Inc. reported net income of $167.2 million, or 68 cents a share, for 2008, compared to net income of $119.9 million, or 49 cents a share in 2007. For the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, net income was $14.5 million, or 6 cents a share, compared to net income of $12.5 million, or 5 cents a share, in the fourth quarter a year earlier.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts