Hospital admissions boost HMA earnings
Health Management Associates Inc. reported net income of $167.2 million, or 68 cents a share, for 2008, compared to net income of $119.9 million, or 49 cents a share in 2007. For the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, net income was $14.5 million, or 6 cents a share, compared to net income of $12.5 million, or 5 cents a share, in the fourth quarter a year earlier.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care