Survey: Healthcare cost keeps the doctor away
AP/Yahoo News, February 26, 2009
One in four Americans said in a survey that someone in the family put off needed healthcare in the past year because of cost, including 16% who postponed surgery or a doctor's visit for chronic illness. In all, 53% of Americans in the Kaiser Family Foundation poll said they or a family member living with them cut back on healthcare in one or more ways to save money in the past 12 months.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'