South Carolina-based Providence Hospital could enlarge facility as part of deal
A deal that could clear the way for West Columbia, SC-based Lexington Medical Center to perform heart surgeries and Providence Hospital to expand was announced by the two hospitals. As part of the deal, Columbia-based Providence agreed to give up one of its four open-heart surgery units to Lexington Medical. In return, Lexington Medical will pay Providence $15 million and drop a lawsuit it filed to block expansion at the Providence's Northeast campus.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'