Mason City, IA, hospitals cuts jobs, not workers
Mason City-based Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa says it will eliminate 59 jobs as it restructures its home healthcare service and hospice program. It also is closing a clinic in Rockwell. Officials cite several factors for the cuts, including unfavorable investment returns, rising costs of uncompensated care, and expected decreases in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts