Dissent halts ER plan at University of Chicago
University of Chicago President Robert Zimmer stepped into the fray over a controversial proposal to redirect patients from the university hospital's emergency room, announcing steps to come up with "a better plan." In an internal memo, Zimmer said a committee led by the newly appointed chairman of the department of medicine would "review, refine and modify" proposals initiated by the medical center's chief executive and dean of the medical school.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US