CEO of Joliet, IL-based Silver Cross Hospital promises no layoffs this year
Moving against the tide of many other bosses across the country, the top executive at Joliet, IL-based Silver Cross Hospital is pledging no layoffs through 2009. In an internal memo last week to employees, Paul Pawlak, Silver Cross' president and chief executive, said the pledge will apply to all full- and part-time employees. It will not apply to executive staff or temporary employees, nor to workers facing "disciplinary actions." The hospital has more than 1,500 employees.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts