CEO of Joliet, IL-based Silver Cross Hospital promises no layoffs this year
Moving against the tide of many other bosses across the country, the top executive at Joliet, IL-based Silver Cross Hospital is pledging no layoffs through 2009. In an internal memo last week to employees, Paul Pawlak, Silver Cross' president and chief executive, said the pledge will apply to all full- and part-time employees. It will not apply to executive staff or temporary employees, nor to workers facing "disciplinary actions." The hospital has more than 1,500 employees.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness