Nemours Foundation will make cuts in its work force
The Nemours Foundation, which is building a children's hospital in Orlando, will cut about 7.5% of its work force in the next month. Facing a budget shortfall of $60 million this year, Nemours officials will eliminate about 325 positions at its clinics and offices in Orlando, Jacksonville and Pensacola, as well as a hospital in Wilmington, DE, and clinics in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The foundation currently employs about 4,400 people.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch