Business leader promises Grady Memorial Hospital $20 million
One of Atlanta's most powerful business leaders is turning his attention to cash-strapped Grady Memorial Hospital. Bernie Marcus, a co-founder of Home Depot and the force behind the Georgia Aquarium, has committed $20 million of his financial might to expand Grady's trauma center and stroke care. The gift will expand the hospital's trauma center to six bays from four and create a 20-bed intensive care unit for the victims of strokes and brain injuries.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care