Deborah Heart & Lung Center accuses NJ-based Virtua Health of slander
Deborah Heart & Lung Center has filed a lawsuit that alleges Virtua Memorial Hospital Burlington County (NJ) and a group of cardiologists who practice there disparaged Deborah in an effort to keep heart patients from transferring there. The complaint accuses Virtua and the four doctors of unfair competition, slander, and "scare tactics." In several instances, it said doctors told patients in Virtua's emergency department that they could not transfer to Deborah because it was full when, in fact, it was not.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals