Illinois hospital has a hit with its quick online cardiac health assessment
Heading off serious problems is the aim of Naperville, IL-based Edward Hospital's efforts against heart disease. The 5-month-old HeartAware risk assessment uses a series of questions and formulas to identify an individual's heart health status and rate the person's risks for diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. The test is available for free online.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts