Heart surgery OK'd at Lawrenceville, GA-based Gwinnett Medical Center
Georgia has granted Lawrenceville-based Gwinnett Medical Center the right to perform open-heart surgery. The decision came after a yearlong fight in which Emory and Piedmont hospitals tried to block approval for the Gwinnett hospital program. The decision by the commissioner of the state Department of Community Health reversed a state panel decision two months ago that turned down the Gwinnett request.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal