Heart surgery OK'd at Lawrenceville, GA-based Gwinnett Medical Center
Georgia has granted Lawrenceville-based Gwinnett Medical Center the right to perform open-heart surgery. The decision came after a yearlong fight in which Emory and Piedmont hospitals tried to block approval for the Gwinnett hospital program. The decision by the commissioner of the state Department of Community Health reversed a state panel decision two months ago that turned down the Gwinnett request.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%