University of Chicago organ transplant services comes to Evanston Hospital
The University of Chicago transplant evaluation program has brought state-of-the-art screening and treatment to Evanston Hospital, providing nearly everything but the actual surgery for organ recipients and candidates. An outgrowth of the 1-year-old partnership between University of Chicago, where the surgery would be performed, and NorthShore University HealthSystem, the program will assess potential recipients for heart, lung, liver, pancreas, and multi-organ transplants.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data