Doctors group to close Chicago hospital, join NorthShore University Health System
Chicago Tribune, August 20, 2009
A group of 20 doctors specializing in brain, spine, and orthopedic surgeries announced that it will shutter its hospital on Chicago's North Side and join suburban hospital operator NorthShore University Health System. The major shareholder in the hospital from which the doctors operate, Neurosource Inc., needed to find a larger, more capitalized partner amid the push for healthcare reform that threatens to squeeze how much medical-care providers are paid, its spokesman said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions