Hartford-based St. Francis Hospital's cardiac program facing scrutiny
Hartford Courant, September 1, 2009
The temporary failure of a vital piece of medical equipment used in cardiac surgeries continues to have repercussions for St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford. The Connecticut Department of Public Health is conducting an investigation of the hospital following an initial survey completed in August.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream