Las Vegas hospital opens new neonatal unit
AP/San Jose Mercury News, September 9, 2009
Las Vegas-based Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center has begun handling patients at a new top-level neonatal intensive care unit and an expanded special care nursery. Hospital spokeswoman Naomi Jones says certification for the 18-bed NICU came from the Nevada Department of Health & Human Services on Aug. 26. The hospital joins several others in its region with Level III intensive care units for premature and special-needs newborns.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013