House weighs Cadillac-plan tax
Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that House Democrats are weighing a proposal to tax generous health-insurance plans, a step that risks conflict with unions but would help pay for the House's version of health-overhaul legislation, according to the Wall Street Journal. The proposed tax on "Cadillac" health plans offering generous benefits is a central feature of legislation pending in the Senate. The House bill, on the other hand, is financed in part by a surtax on the wealthy that would raise more than $500 billion over 10 years.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction