Atlanta-based Emory drops suit to block Gwinnett Medical's heart-surgery program
Emory University Hospital dropped its lawsuit to block Gwinnett Medical Center's plan to perform open-heart surgery, ending a nearly two-year fight over the program. Emory and Piedmont Hospital had battled the Gwinnett proposal since 2008, saying that it would flood the metro Atlanta market and dilute the quality of open-heart care. Piedmont dropped its lawsuit earlier in September.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse