Smilow Cancer Hospital set to open in New Haven, CT
Hartford Courant, October 26, 2009
The $467 million, 14-story Smilow Cancer Hospital is set to open October 26 in New Haven, CT. The facility is the culmination of a multiyear expansion effort at Yale-New Haven Hospital and part of a larger campaign to raise the hospital's profile in the treatment of cancer. The hospital is in the midst of a recruitment drive that could lead to more than 60 additional physicians specializing in cancer, officials said.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients