eICU gives long-distance care, specialists' eyes to rural areas
Des Moines Register, February 27, 2008
Des Moines, IA-based Mercy Medical Center has begun caring for patients using Mercy eICU Connect--the first Iowa-based electronic intensive care unit. The system allows doctors and nurses keep track of critical care patients remotely, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The eICU enables those at the monitoring center to treat patients before complications take place, and the hope is that patients will spend fewer days in the hospital and that costs will decrease, officials say.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion