Pennsylvania hospital merger closer with three approvals
AP/Philadelphia Inquirer, March 6, 2008
Excela Health's purchase of Mercy Jeannette Hospital in Jeannette, PA, has gotten closer after the parties received three key approvals needed for the merger. The Vatican, the Pennsylvania attorney general and the Westmoreland County Orphans Court have all approved Excela's purchase of the hospital. Mercy Jeannette is a 148-bed hospital that was expected to lose about $6.5 million in 2007.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?