Illinois hospitals agree to purchase
Chicago Tribune, May 15, 2008
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare will acquire Rush North Shore Medical Center in Skokie, IL, for $95 million. The merger will expand Evanston's brand to a fourth facility in Chicago's north suburbs. The deal, which still faces federal and state regulatory approvals, calls for Evanston Northwestern to buy the hospital and related assets for $85 million and allocate an additional $10 million to set up a community foundation that serves various health needs in Skokie and surrounding communities.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts