Boston spine group moves to Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Boston Globe, May 21, 2008
Several prominent spine surgeons have moved their practice from New England Baptist Hospital in Boston to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. The Boston Spine Group LLC said it is expanding treatment of complex orthopedic cases through Newton-Wellesley's Spine Center and Center for Joint Reconstruction Surgery. The president of Boston Spine Group said patients have said in surveys they want a more convenient location than Boston, and the group's doctors believe community hospitals that offer an array of services have a more secure future than New England Baptist and other specialty hospitals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts