North Carolina lawsuit: Open Rex, WakeMed pact
In response to continued efforts to move Franklin County, NC's only hospital out of Louisburg, town officials have filed a lawsuit against one of the partners in the project, Rex Healthcare. The suit seeks copies of a confidential agreement officials say the hospital struck with WakeMed not to oppose each other's expansion plans. The lawsuit names Rex and its nonprofit parent, UNC Healthcare, and asks a judge to declare a public record any confidential agreement Rex entered into with WakeMed or any other hospital to remain silent during the state's review process for new hospital projects.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'