Silver Cross gets Illinois panel’s OK for new hospital
Chicago Tribune, July 2, 2008
Silver Cross Hospital has won permission from the state of Illinois to move from its aging campus in Joliet to a new, $398 million facility in New Lenox. The approval came despite spirited opposition from local officials who accuse the hospital of abandoning a poor black neighborhood for a wealthier white one. But supporters said the move would mean better healthcare for residents throughout the region, including those who already depend on Silver Cross.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers