Massachusetts General Hospital and Emerson team up on clinic
Massachusetts General Hospital and Concord, MA-based Emerson Hospital are collaborating on an advanced cardiac care clinic that will move some of MGH's expertise to the suburbs. The new center will include specialists in heart electrical systems, women's heart disease, and advanced heart failure. The MGH-Emerson Cardiovascular Center will be located in a medical specialty building about a mile from Emerson. The collaboration follows a trend of academic medical centers creating suburban outposts, giving them an expanded geographic reach and a flow of patient referrals. The suburban hospitals add advanced services without having to hire doctors, and get to piggyback on the better-known hospital's brand name.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US