Baptist Health will seek approval for hospital in Hoover, AL
Birmingham News, July 22, 2008
Baptist Health System will seek approval from state regulators to build and operate a hospital in Hoover, AL, where the nonprofit group already has a small medical complex. Hoover is the most populous city in Alabama without a hospital, say Baptist officials. The closest hospitals to the proposed location are about 15 miles away, and the drive can exceed 30 to 45 minutes, they added. The plan for Hoover Baptist Medical Center is a full-service hospital that would offer a 24-hour emergency department and maternity care, as well as other acute care services.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care