Baptist Health will seek approval for hospital in Hoover, AL
Birmingham News, July 22, 2008
Baptist Health System will seek approval from state regulators to build and operate a hospital in Hoover, AL, where the nonprofit group already has a small medical complex. Hoover is the most populous city in Alabama without a hospital, say Baptist officials. The closest hospitals to the proposed location are about 15 miles away, and the drive can exceed 30 to 45 minutes, they added. The plan for Hoover Baptist Medical Center is a full-service hospital that would offer a 24-hour emergency department and maternity care, as well as other acute care services.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'