Hospital chain has Holly Springs, NC, aims
Winston-Salem-based hospital chain Novant Health wants to build a 46-bed, $110 million hospital in Holly Springs, NC, but it will face a battle to win approval from the state. Novant Health announced plans for the Holly Springs hospital that would serve the town and southwest Wake County. If Novant wins approval, it would hire 200 to 300 people and open in 2012. It plans to submit its application to state regulators Aug. 15, but approval will likely be hard-fought because the plan would use up all the new hospital beds that state regulators have allocated for Wake County.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'