Hospital chain has Holly Springs, NC, aims
Winston-Salem-based hospital chain Novant Health wants to build a 46-bed, $110 million hospital in Holly Springs, NC, but it will face a battle to win approval from the state. Novant Health announced plans for the Holly Springs hospital that would serve the town and southwest Wake County. If Novant wins approval, it would hire 200 to 300 people and open in 2012. It plans to submit its application to state regulators Aug. 15, but approval will likely be hard-fought because the plan would use up all the new hospital beds that state regulators have allocated for Wake County.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts