Louisiana hospital’s board selects builder for cancer center
New Orleans Times-Picayune, July 28, 2008
After an extensive search, Slidell (LA) Memorial Hospital's leadership and Board of Commissioners has selected AE Design as the architectural firm for design and construction of a new cancer center. Georgia-based AE Design specializes in oncology and diagnostic imaging facilities, and has completed more than 100 oncology facility projects in the world. The Cancer Program Working Group, an internal SMH team that includes physicians, nursing staff, commissioners and other hospital employees, is providing input on the project to help ensure the facility incorporates efficiencies and attributes that best serve the patients and medical specialists. Groundbreaking for the facility is anticipated in December.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'