Louisiana hospital’s board selects builder for cancer center
New Orleans Times-Picayune, July 28, 2008
After an extensive search, Slidell (LA) Memorial Hospital's leadership and Board of Commissioners has selected AE Design as the architectural firm for design and construction of a new cancer center. Georgia-based AE Design specializes in oncology and diagnostic imaging facilities, and has completed more than 100 oncology facility projects in the world. The Cancer Program Working Group, an internal SMH team that includes physicians, nursing staff, commissioners and other hospital employees, is providing input on the project to help ensure the facility incorporates efficiencies and attributes that best serve the patients and medical specialists. Groundbreaking for the facility is anticipated in December.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically