Blue Island, IL, says goodbye, St. Francis Hospital; hello, MetroSouth Medical Center
As the new owners celebrated Blue Island, IL-based St. Francis Hospital's transition to the MetroSouth Medical Center, local residents, politicians, doctors and hospital staff cheered, clapped, hugged and gave one another high-fives. In April, SSM Health Care announced it was going to close the hospital because it was losing money and it couldn't find anyone to take over its operations. A month later, MSMC Investors LLC announced plans to take over the struggling hospital under a for-profit model, administrators say they plan to make the healthcare facility profitable by expanding services for women and children.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'