Battle of beds heats up in Wake County, NC
Raleigh News & Observer, August 18, 2008
Three contenders for 41 new hospital beds in Wake County, NC, announced they were filing plans to build new facilities. Novant Health announced that it wanted to build a $110 million community hospital in Holly Springs. WakeMed has filed plans for a $34 million, 61-bed women's hospital on its North Raleigh campus. Rex Healthcare, the third contender, submitted a request for beds to be added on its Raleigh campus.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'