Joliet, IL, gets more time to consider appeal of Silver Cross relocation
Chicago Tribune, August 20, 2008
Joliet (IL) City Council members have 35 days to decide whether they will appeal a state decision allowing Silver Cross Hospital to move to New Lenox, a city official said. The deadline to appeal the ruling by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board was August 19, but the board issued a revised order the day before. When Silver Cross announced its relocation plan, the council was quick to oppose it. Officials accused the hospital of uprooting from a community it has anchored.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program