Joliet, IL, gets more time to consider appeal of Silver Cross relocation
Chicago Tribune, August 20, 2008
Joliet (IL) City Council members have 35 days to decide whether they will appeal a state decision allowing Silver Cross Hospital to move to New Lenox, a city official said. The deadline to appeal the ruling by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board was August 19, but the board issued a revised order the day before. When Silver Cross announced its relocation plan, the council was quick to oppose it. Officials accused the hospital of uprooting from a community it has anchored.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending